Another fun book tag post from A Little Haze Book Blog! Check out her book blog for more book tag ideas and enlightening book reviews. Let’s see how well I do answering these questions:
1. Do you get sick while reading in the car?
I never used to but I haven’t tried it in forever since I’m always the one doing the driving lately!
2. The Harry Potter Series or The Twilight Saga? Give 3 points to defend your answer
- According to my Goodreads Read list, I’ve read 2 Harry Potter Books. I don’t even remember the second one. It’s not for me.
- I read Twilight so long ago but I loved the whole ordinary girl gets noticed by a vampire and a werewolf. I was addicted to this series.
- It has romance! I love romance – did Harry Potter have any romance in it? I don’t even know!
3. Do you carry a book bag? If so what is in it?
Nope, I have one bag filled with my essentials, and no room for a book. Plus I’m always with my kids and they never leave me alone enough to actually read in public.
4. Do you smell your books?
Um yes…doesn’t every book lover smell books? 😂 I love it new, I love it old.
5. Books with or without illustrations?
Obviously without illustrations for novels but I read a LOT of children’s books and soon middle grade books for my son. He’s moving onto graphic novels so I’m trying them out too.
6. What book did you love while reading but discovered later it wasn’t quality writing?
Long ago (I act like I’m a dinosaur sometimes 😆) – long ago, in late 1990’s, when I was in college, lol… I started reading Lauren K. Hamilton’s Anita Blake series. It’s urban fantasy, and I thought it was really good, different, Anita Blake was a badass vampire slaying private investigator, it was addicting, kinda racy, a little kinky, sexy if you like seeing someone hook up with shape-shifters, ya know…but then each book after the first few started sounding the same. And Anita didn’t only now have a vampire lover and a shape-shifter lover…she had a few…like soon all the story was about who’s turn it was for her to have sex with and I gave up. And look, I don’t even mind sometimes if a book doesn’t have quality writing, but when it’s a series and the newest book reads like the last book, then we have a problem. I gave up…and I just checked goodreads and it says there are now 26 books in the series!! I think I gave up at book 10.
7. Do you have any funny stories involving books from your childhood? Please share!
Not that I can think of.
8. What is the thinnest book on your shelf?
The Little Prince by. Antoine de Saint-Exupéry
9. What is the thickest book on your shelf?
Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning
10. Do you write as well as read? Do you see yourself in the future becoming an author?
I started writing in the 6th grade, writing some teen romance novel. I wrote in diaries since the 4th grade, journaling until I was about…33 – when my kids came, I found no time to write. But when I thought to tell my parents when I was young I wanted to be a writer/author…my immigrant parents said “what do you mean, writing? What is that? You can only be a doctor, lawyer or nurse.” 😂 SO…I wrote and wrote for years privately, never really finishing a story because I didn’t believe I could I think. I had a few blogs years ago to just write about what was going on in my life – especially when I was wedding planning. Did some paid blogging jobs also, which was was surprising and fun. But never sat down and finished a story. Instead I just read a lot, worked in a library (to be near books), and finally told myself to start a blog again to do book reviews since all I do is read so much. Will it happen? I don’t know. Maybe. My friends keep trying to encourage me, which is nice. But we shall see…
11. When did you get into reading?
I remember being fascinated with the Disney version of Cinderella at like 5 or 6. But getting INTO reading, like…when my addiction started? I’d say middle school when I read teen romance novels that my older cousins handed down to me. 😬
12. What is Your Favourite Classic Book?
Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte and of course, Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen.
13. In school was your best subject English or another Language Arts subject?
English and History
14. If you were given a book as a present that you had read before and hated, what would you do?
The only person who gifts me books is my mother-in-law! If someone did give me a book I hated I would donate it to the library haha.
15. What is a lesser known series that you know of that is similar to Harry Potter or The Hunger Games?
There are so many books on Amazon by indie authors similar to Harry Potter, but with a female protagonist. I’ll mention The Culling Trials (Shadowspell Academy Series).
16. What is your favourite word?
So hard to pick one. But one of my favorites is “Mana” – in Hawaiian it means “power”, the power inside of you or the power of nature, etc…
17. Are you a Nerd, Dork, or Dweeb? Or all of the above?
A book nerd for sure. Sometimes a dork, but aren’t we all? Dweeb…hmmm, what exactly is a dweeb?
18. Vampires or Faeries?
You really going to make me pick? Because I think my love for both them are EQUAL. Now would I want to get with a vampire or Faerie? I might like the lure of Faerie much more…they seem to have a lot of fun. 😂
19. Bookmark or Random Piece of Paper?
Both, because I love bookmarks but always lose them! I blame my daughter though, she takes them from me.
20. Love Triangle or Forbidden Love?
I love a good love triangle if it’s done well. I love anything with “love” in it. 😅
21. One book at a time or several books at once?
I used to only read one book at a time but when I started this blog I wanted to have all these posts ready to go and then I signed up for NetGalley and now I read several books at once. It’s taken awhile for me to get used to it and sometimes I get overwhelmed and take a break from reading. Hopefully I can get back to reading one at a time.
22. Can you stop reading at any part of the book or does it have to be the end of the chapter?
I shoot for end of the chapter.
23. Do you write in your books?
Nope. The only one I ever wrote in was my paperback copy of Jane Eyre but ever since then I don’t do it.
24. Can you read while listening to music or watching TV?
I can read while my kids watch tv – does that count? 😂 but I prefer quiet.
25. Do you read out loud or silently in your head?
Silently but sometimes when the writing is just so beautiful, I read a passage out loud to just appreciate how wonderful it is!
BONUS QUESTION: Physical book, e-book or audio book?
Physical and ebooks and NO to audiobooks. I don’t have the concentrate needed for audiobooks.
And that’s another book tag! If you think this was fun and you want to do it, feel free to leave me your link in my comments. I would love to read your answers! Happy reading book lovers!