Thank you to the Monogamist Reader for nominating me for The Liebster Award! I haven’t done one of these in awhile so I appreciate the nomination. 😘
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Answer the 11 questions the blogger asked you
- Nominate 11 bloggers
- Ask your nominees 11 questions
- Notify your 11 nominees
Questions from the Monogamist Reader:
- Name a book that you thought “Damn, I wish I wrote that”.
So many fall into this category so I’ll have to stick to 2020 books – I’ll say Legendborn.
2. What is a book that everybody loves but you hate it so much you wish to burn it?
I don’t think I’d burn it haha, because I don’t ever hate a book that much but I never got into the Grisha trilogy.What job would you be doing if you have followed your childhood dreams?
3. What job would you be doing if you have followed your childhood dreams?
An author haha, or artist. I think just these past few months I’ve finally told myself I AM an artist, or a creator (I’m 42 years old, it took me that long) – I’ve been creating things for my own shop on Etsy for the past almost 8 years (with a 2 year break). I wasn’t allowed as a kid to think of art or writing as a career, I’m filipino so my parents said I had 3 options: nurse, doctor or lawyer. 😅 Went for “nurse” until I hit college, then it became sociology major, took art as electives senior year and my art teachers said I should do a minor in art or think about becoming an illustrator or graphic designer! Having that validation from actual art teachers was like…wow (light bulb moment)…I bounced around jobs I enjoyed (massage therapist, then library floor manager, then Etsy business owner). I’ve finally embraced that I’m an “artist”. 🤷🏻♀️
4. Name your favourite villain – it could be from movies/books/comics…
Cersi from Game of Thrones show series – she was badass, like I hated her so much but she was complicated and I wanted to see what her next move would be. She did love her kids though!
5. If you could change the ending of a story (again book or movie, or whatever), how would you change it and which one?
Speaking of the GoT tv series, did Daenerys really have to go out that way?! 🙁I’d let her live and let her be Queen of Meereen or something. I was always Team Starks lol but, I loved Dany too.
6. In which order must your books be placed in your bookshelves?
I have no order right now. Series stay together but other than that…maybe by color? I do like when it’s color coordinated.
7. You are offered to go on a mission to Mars. You can bring three fictional characters with you and three personal objects. What would you bring with you and who would be in your space squad?
- Talin from Skyhunter because she can fight (in case we gotta fight something).
- Sky Shin from I’ll Be the One to keep the crew lively.
- Reykin from Secondborn Series because he’s smart, can fight and he’s cute. 🤷🏻♀️
8. You are in possession of a time machine but you can visit only one specific geographical place in the past and one in the future. Where would you go?
I think the Philippines in precolonial days – just want to know what my family’s life was like back then, how they lived, what they ate, how they dressed, etc….
9. If you can have a super power, which one would you have?
Communicate with animals. Would love to know what they are thinking.
10. If your biggest fear/or anxiety was your super power, what would it be?
Not my biggest fear but I have a fear of centipedes, if I see one around the house or god forbid the one time it was in our house – I screamed for my husband and ran upstairs. 😂 They are squiggling, scary looking and sting. So if that was my superpower? Yikes, I guess I’d be scary looking with a lot of legs and sting LOL.
11. If you are forced to watch only one movie for the rest of your life – what movie will you pick?
Pride and Prejudice the one with Keira Knightly. I’ve watched it…a lot.
I tag: (NO OBLIGATION to do this to anyone I tag! It’s just for fun, no pressure. 😘)
- Would you rather be a librarian or own your own bookstore?
- What is your most anticipated book for 2021?
- Do you use something other than your blog to track how many books you read? Goodreads? A book journal?
- What is your favorite book genre?
- What book would you like to see as a movie or tv series?
- What makes you read a book? The cover? Blurb? Hype? Favorite author?
- What book tropes attract you to a book…or turn you off?
- Real or fiction, what place would you like to visit?
- Would you rather be in a fantasy book or a dystopian book?
- Do you read one book at a time or several at once?
- If you are not feeling a book, do you DNF or give it a second chance at a later time?
If you do the question – please tag me, I’d love to read your answers!
😘 ~ Yolanda